Saturday, January 10, 2009

Called to Serve


My parents have been called to serve as a Mission President and his wife. I am so excited for them. I will definitely miss them while they are gone, but I am so proud of them and I know that they are serving the Lord. I love them so much, and they are such a wonderful example to me.

This was posted in the Church News today January 10, 2009. They will be in a Spanish speaking mission, they won't find out exactly where they serve for a little while longer, but they are ready and able to "go and do the things the Lord commands"...

http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/56432/New-mission-presidents.html

Larry Roberts Laycock, 48, Alpine 3rd Ward, Alpine Utah West Stake; former bishop and counselor, high councilor, stake and ward Young Men president, counselor in a ward Young Men presidency, and missionary in the Argentina Bahia Blanca Mission. Shareholder and Intellectual Property Litigator, Workman Nydegger. Born in American Fork, Utah; parents Andrew G. and Nadine Roberts Laycock Attaway. Married Lisa Dawn Gleave, four children.

Sister Laycock is a former stake Young Women president and secretary, ward Young Women president, ward Primary president, counselor, and chorister, and gospel doctrine teacher. Born in Cedar City, Utah, to Winston Taylor and Karen Mae Morrey Gleave.

5 comments:

  1. Felicitaciones! They will do an excellent job. I hope they go to Bahia Blanca or Neuquen!

    Your blog looks great! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blog!!! I just love it. I can't wait to keep watching it. I'm honored to be the first follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Larissa! So glad I found you guys :0) Hope all is well @ BYUH, I miss seeing you guys around...Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for them! Be sure to offer them my congratulations. They will be excellent! Your family is amazing, Larissa - all of you! I'm eager to see where they will serve. Tell them I'm happy to look after the house while they are gone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larissa!!! Hi! I didn't know you guys had a blog! I just saw your link off of Anne's blog and i found her blog through Krystal's. I didn't know you or Anne had one. So...how are things going? I'm so jealous your living in Hawaii still. How have you been?

    ReplyDelete