Friday, March 27, 2009

Thanks Brylie

This is Brylie Wynes. She lives in our ward and is in the Primary with me. (I am currently the Stake Music Coordinator and the Ward Primary Pianist) Her mom and dad are Angie and Mike Wynes and they are so awesome. Last Saturday we were at a birthday party for another of our friends' little boy Krew and Brylie saw me there. She came right up to me, took me by the hand and asked me if I wanted to watch her jump in the "bounce house". I said that I would love to and I walked over to it with her. On the way over she looked up at me and she said, "You know, I really like it when you are in Primary." It made my day. Sometimes you think that a calling may be a small one and that the kids don't even notice (especially sitting in the back, behind the piano) but to hear from the mouth of a beautiful child of God that she likes it when I am there made me feel so special. It was a tender mercy that I will never forget, and instantly brought little tears to my eyes! Sometimes the messengers that Heavenly Father sends to tell us how much He loves us are very small, but still so powerful. Thank you so much Brylie. We never know when we will be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. (Thanks for letting me "borrow" this picture from your blog Angie!)

1 comment:

  1. That's the cutest story ever. Working in Primary, I think I can relate! Something tells me that your piano playing bring the Spirit more than you may realize! You play so beautifully, I'll bet the kid DO notice!!

    ReplyDelete