Monday, April 6, 2009

Kids say the darndest things...

We were at Ryan's Intramurals BBall Game.
Lacey came with me.
One of my friends told us we looked a LOT alike and that she thought people would probably get us confused a lot. (They do . . . in fact, two of Lacey's teachers this semester have said, "Hi, Lacey" to ME!)

A while after Lacey got there we sat down and all the kids literally flocked to us. (We must look like we like to play a lot or something.)

One of the little boys, who arrived a little late sat down and looked at us.

He stared for a long time.

He looked from me to Lacey, and back to me, and back to Lacey -- several times.

He looked so confused and finally asked:

"ARE YOU TWO THE SAMES?"

We laughed right out loud.

We both, not on purpose, said "no, do we look the same?"
He said yes.
Then with a skeptical look on his face, he pointed at me and said:

"What's YOUR name?"
"Larissa"
"Well, then what is YOUR name?" pointing to Lacey.
"Lacey"
"Hmmm....OK"

Then he left and played with his friends.
I DON'T think he believed us!

8 comments:

  1. Blah ha ha ha. thats kinda like how everyone thought we looked like identical twins... remember that?

    And yes. I said poop to my 11 year old friend. I should probably been a little less descriptive and maybe said "go to the bathroom" but my filter didn't kick in quickly enough. she didn't seem bothered, if that makes you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute. Are you the sames? How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha I love this story! You have been gone to long...come home!!! and you cant be Aunt Larissa to my kids any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how funny? you 2 sure do look an aweful lot alike. so how is hawaii? when are you guys coming home? aren't you done with school there this year? or am i wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I found your blog off of Jessica and Ryan's... Glad I did. Hope you and Ryan are both doing well.. I can't believe how long your hair is... Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Larissa!
    I found you on Lana's page! I didn't know you had a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey wait a minute....do I happen to know this little boy? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you! I had no idea you had a blog-I'm glad I found you guys =) You look great! Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete