Sunday, April 5, 2009

Brazilian "Saudades"

Ry was having some serious "saudades" for his mission in Sao Paulo Brazil (that means "missings" of his time and especially FOOD there).

















He has been trying to teach me Portuguese and he was instant messaging with one of his investigators, Ane Rose, and had me chat with her too. She gave us one of the recipes that Ryan enjoyed on his mission. We tried it, she makes it better of course, but it was pretty good. I am trying to learn to cook in Portuguese too. haha!


Here are a couple of pictures of Ryan with Ane Rose and her husband Jose back when he was on the mission. Hopefully Rose can teach me some more recipes so Ryan and I can have more comfort for Ryan's Brazilian "Saudades".


3 comments:

  1. Look how little they are compared to Ryan. That's so funny! Ohhhhh, do you share your recipes? They look delicious! How cool that he is Ryan's mission president. I didn't know! What a great talk it was. Can't wait to study it some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing - I went to a Brazilian cooking class in my Ward and we learned to cook a braided pork loin that was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. She stuffed every nook and cranny of the braid with butter and bacon, then cooked it up and served it with a salad. Someone asked if there was a dressing for the salad and in her beautiful Brazilian accent, she said, "No, we don't like to add a lot of fat." Looking at the butter/bacon stuffed braid, I couldn't help but chuckle at the irony. She also made a yummy custard/pudding dessert that was to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha!!!!!!! Don't believe!!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete