Monday, October 26, 2009

Kona Temple Trip

Larissa and I took a trip to the Big Island to visit the Kona Temple as the Laie Temple right next door to us is closed for renovation. We woke up in Laie at about 3:00 AM in order to be on time to the 8:00 session in Kona.

Our favorite spot at the Temple was here in the back.
Interesting wheelchair. This must be for those who want to go off-road.









We stopped somewhere to take some pictures and right there in the water were about 5 sea turtles within just a few feet of us in the water!

Isn't she beautiful!?

We have been to the Big Island once before with my parents. They took us on a little excursion where we swam and snorkeled with dolphins and visited this bay in this picture as well. Without a doubt this is our favorite snorkel site we've seen so far. We rented a kayak this trip and paddled out about a mile away where that Captain Cook monument is to the right of Larissa. It is truly amazing out there. Once we got back we looked out where we had just come in from kayaking and we saw spinner dolphins all over the place jumping out of the water. Awesome experience.

We caught a nice sunset on our way back to the airport to come home to Laie. This temple trip was one of the more fun days we have ever spent together. Focusing on the Temple and the beautiful creations of our Heavenly Father all day truly was the best way to have a perfect day in Hawaii.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. GREAT pictures. That wheelchair is for the beach, someone pushes from behind. I am housebound,(trying to change that), it's hard to walk far, so I have been spending years planning my trip to Hawaii and how I will get around once I get there, how I will visit both temples, and seeing all the pictures is making my dreams seem more realistic. Thanks for taking so many pics! That's the last dream I have left. Just lost my hubby a few weeks ago, so I have to look forward to something.
    Blessings, Bluebirdy
    http://bluebirdyliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete